Subject: Re: Bug with shuffle/insert playlist!
From: Andreas Stemmer (groovingandi_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2004-07-15

Mat Holton wrote:
> Is it a major problem to have a true Random Play Mode then?

I wouldn't want to have a true random play mode where "prev" does the same
as "next", my cd player does this and I find this behaviour very annoying. I
like the way Rockbox handles shuffle at the moment, but I thought I'll throw
in an idea I had when I was thinking about your post.

Currently we have "shuffle off/shuffle on". This could be changed to
"shuffle off/shuffle on play/shuffle always"

"Shuffle on play" would be the behaviour as it is at the moment, playlists
are shuffled when you play them. "Shuffle always" could additionally
reshuffle the playlist each time something is inserted dynamically. The
options "insert, insert next, insert last" would have to be reduced to a
simple "insert" in this case. Perhaps the "queue" functionality could remain
intouched, still allowing the user to temporarily insert a track at the
desired position.

Just an idea...

Andreas