Subject: Re: Bug with shuffle/insert playlist!
From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing (linus_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2004-07-15

Mat Holton wrote:
> Okay, I think I understand. Why can't the songs be inserted randomly
> into the playlist, if Shuffle is on?

Technically, they could. However, it can hardly be called "enqueue",
since the tracks end up all over the place.

> Yes, it works fine (apart from the, what I consider strange behavior
> explained in my first mail). It's just cumbersome, when all I want to
> do is insert a song or collection of songs. Think Winamp...

I don't use winamp. How does it work?

> I wasn't suggesting stripping down the functionality was I? I said
> the On+Play functionality could remain but the Play button would
> display a menu with Play and Enqueue (in the winamp sense of he word,
> add to the playlist).

Sorry, I misunderstood. However, I think that most people think of
"enqueue" as "play after the current song" or "append to the list".

I think "Add to playlist" mey be a better term for what you are after.

Linus