Subject: Re: Freaky charging problem
From: Henrik Backe (backe_at_swipnet.se)
Date: 2004-07-16

"Linus Nielsen Feltzing" <linus_at_haxx.se> wrote in message
> Noyb wrote:
>
> > Was the problem just that the batteries were completely wiped out? I had
> > thought that maybe the Archos charging adapter was fritzed, but it seems
> > be working normally now.
>
> The empty batteries were probably the cause, but the boot loader should
> handle this. You may want to update the boot loader, plus upgrade to a
> newer version of Rockbox.

The new boot loader handles it, but there is still a problem
in the rockbox charging code. The charging does not start immediately,
it waits one cycle of the power thread before it starts charging and
if the battery is completly empty the recorder will die before charging
starts. The workaround is to hold F1 before attaching adapter.

.../Henrik