Subject: anybody with a V1 recorder and Archos firmware 1.29 ?
From: [IDC]Dragon (idc-dragon_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2004-07-16

There are rumours that some V1 recorders are equipped with Archos firmware
1.29 in flash, the highest I got is 1.28.

If you have not flashed Rockbox and the unit comes up with such a version
number, I'd like to get a ROM dump. (Created with F1->Info->Debug->Dump ROM,
creates a file "internal_rom_2000000-203FFFF.bin" in the top directory)

If you have flashed, but remember that this was your version, please send me
your backup file which you once hopefully created like above. If you are not
sure and are able to peek into a hex dump, for version 1.29 the bytes at
file offset 0xFF shoud read 0x81 (or decimal 129).

Thanks,
Jörg