Subject: RE: intelligent shutdown?
From: Tim Elliott (
Date: 2004-07-17

Linus posted a patch and I commented on it (in this thread).

I'm waiting on him to update the patch so we can, hopefully, get it in the
daily builds.

I think it should have a configuration option of: 1 press, 2 presses,
disabled (or something like that. There are some people who use the OFF
button to repeat spoken folder names so this function might get in the way.
I would prefer a single press so I could stop the music with one press of
OFF and shut it off with another or shutoff with a single press from the
browser with playback stopped.