Subject: Re: When I hook the JBV2 to my Bose (5 channel), the rear speakers are distorted?

Re: When I hook the JBV2 to my Bose (5 channel), the rear speakers are distorted?

From: Tjerk Schuringa <regenpak_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 06:55:09 -0700 (PDT)

--- flgants_at_earthlink.net wrote:
> Is there a setting that I can use to fix this? Anyone else have this problem
> in 5 speaker mode?

Guess this has something to do with the mp3 encoding. I post mixes in a
newsgroup and got comments that the bitrate was not high enough (friggin' 160
kbps!!!) as surround speakers gave weird noises. You could try setting your DSP
to "stereo" instead of "surround" or whatever it's called in your case.
Remember, regular stereo does _not_ carry surround information, only dedicated
formats (I dunno, AC3? AAC?) do that

Tjerk

(it is kinda offtopic tho)

.