Subject: Re: intelligent shutdown?
From: Ronald Teune (RTWolf_at_gmx.net)
Date: 2004-07-19

ok... now i understand :P
maybe a double click to spin down, and then a long press for total poweroff?
or would that take too long?
this way you cant accidentally double click.
or make some specific double-click time, e.g. you have to doubleclick in .2

> At 22:52 18/07/04, you wrote:
> >So... what's wrong with the original press-OFF-for-one second to
> shutdown?
> >Doubleclicking doesn't seem faster to me, anyway...
> >And now we're talking about shutdown anyway, would it be possible to make
> >a quick spindown code in the poweroff thingy? Or just park the head? So
> >that the drive doesn't need to make that noise when powering off? Or is
> >that not possible?
> >
> >Ronald
> >__
>
> That is the precise point of the double-click code ;)
> It shuts down before powering off.
> The "hold-off" event is hardware NOT software.
>
> BC

Groeten,
    Ronald Teune @School
    Support bacteria, it's the only culture some people have.