Subject: LCD Backlight
From: Brian (gcrockboxer13_at_columbus.rr.com)
Date: 2004-07-20

I've noticed that the battery depletes more quickly when the backlight is
on. Well, I don't know if i've noticed, or just saw that my battery
depleted quickly and i used that as the reason. I remember some tests done
a while ago that have to do with battery usage in mAh of various activities
of the units.

What it all boils down to, is, why is the LCD backlight setting buried 3
screens deep in the menu? Many times I find myself out at night in my car
looking at a unlit screen, and in the day when I turn the backlight on I
feel that my battery just isn't lasting long enough.

Brian