Subject: Re: LCD Backlight - Customise your own menu
From: BlueChip (
Date: 2004-07-20

This is my patch to add sleep-timer to the root menu:

in apps/main_menu.c the list of #includes at the top, add

#include "sleeptimer.h" main_menu(), just before

      m=menu_init( items, i, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL );

     items[i].desc = str(LANG_SLEEP_TIMER);
     items[i].voice_id = LANG_SLEEP_TIMER;
     items[i++].function = sleeptimer_screen;

I'm only guessing here, but i reckon if you use
#include "backlight.h" the top; and then use
backlight_timer the second bit.

You will get your menu option where you want it.

DevKit and entry level instructions for complation can be found at's simpler that you might think should take you about 30mins to set it up (first time cost)
...and about 5mins to edit main_menu.c in notepad

Good luck, let us know how you get on :)