Subject: Re: LCD Backlight
From: Brian Wolven (
Date: 2004-07-20

Joseph Jones wrote:

> You want a setting that you personally find most useful near the root
> menu? I don't mean to be harsh, but, get in line or roll your own.
> Pretty much every user of this software has their own needs, so if the
> devs. answered all of them the root menu would be 6 screens long :)

I've stuck copies of several config files in a top level folder that I
can browse to quickly, named appropriately for whatever it is that I'm
changing. The individual files are also placed in like-named subfolders,
so that I can navigate and choose between them using only voice prompts
while driving. You could do something similar to switch between
backlight modes.

> It's the old saying: you get what you pay for.

Not always - with Rockbox we're getting much, much more. =)