Subject: Script to disable system restore for Archos or a portable HD
From: Brian Wolven (brian.wolven_at_verizon.net)
Date: 2004-07-21

I got tired of doing this through the System Properties dialog
(win+pause then six additional clicks), so here's a script that does the
job. Save it as .vbs file, edit the drive letter to match your usage,
then click on it (or a shortcut to it) to do the job. Delete the line
with the 'msgbox' to skip the confirmation dialog. You could probably
set this up to happen automatically with an autorun.inf file, too. I've
disabled that feature on all my drives, so I haven't tried it.

'--- Disable system restore for a portable HD

  driveLetter = "J:\"
  set SRP = GetObject("winmgmts:\\.\root\default:SystemRestore")
  eSRP = SRP.disable(driveLetter)
  Set srp = Nothing

  msgbox "System restore has been disabled for drive: " & vbcrlf &
driveLetter

  Wscript.Quit