Subject: Re: LCD Backlight
From: Mat Holton (
Date: 2004-07-21

How's this for an idea?
A 'most used' collection of menu entries that can be accessed via the F3 button?
This way everyone would get what they wanted.
We could have a vote to decide the initial collection of entries.

-----Original Message-----From: Joseph Jones <>To: Rockbox development <>Sent: 20/07/2004 17:13Subject: Re: LCD BacklightYou want a setting that you personally find most useful near the root
menu? I don't mean to be harsh, but, get in line or roll your own.
Pretty much every user of this software has their own needs, so if the

devs. answered all of them the root menu would be 6 screens long :)

It's the old saying: you get what you pay for.

Brian wrote:

> I've noticed that the battery depletes more quickly when the backlight is

> on. Well, I don't know if i've noticed, or just saw that my battery

> depleted quickly and i used that as the reason. I remember some tests done

> a while ago that have to do with battery usage in mAh of various activities

> of the units.

> What it all boils down to, is, why is the LCD backlight setting buried 3

> screens deep in the menu? Many times I find myself out at night in my car

> looking at a unlit screen, and in the day when I turn the backlight on I

> feel that my battery just isn't lasting long enough.

> Brian

"Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders
what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of ."

 They Might Be Giants.

Surface Inspection Ltd