Subject: Re: Question about battery power
From: Ronald Teune (rtwolf_at_gmx.net)
Date: 2004-07-21

Hi,

mAh means milli-Ampere-hour. I think the standard batteries are 1600 mAh
or so (I got it second hand - with 2300 mAh batteries inside), I don't
exactly know what the standard setting in rockbox is. 2300 mAh means
something like it can run for 2.3 hours while draining 1000 mA (or 1 A) or
for 1 hour when draining 2.3 A. This is not entirely accurate, but the
idea is that higher mAh's give higher runtimes, so rockbox probably
displays a higher runtime when you set it to 2300 mAh.

Ronald