Subject: Re: Update: Test - Rockbox running directly from flash rom (ROMbox)
From: Daniel Gudlat (
Date: 2004-07-22

Salokyn wrote:
> Jens Arnold a écrit :
>> - Look into Info->Rockbox Info. The buffer value should be
>> >1.790 MB (It reads 1.798 MB for me. I have the number of files
>> per dir set to 300, and the maximum playlist size to 5000)
>> Play around with it as you would do with ordinary rockbox, and
>> report if anything doesn't work as expected. (Expected means
>> like ordinary rockbox). The only exception is the flash plugin,
>> see below.
>> Do _not_ delete ajbrec.ajz. You'll need to RoLo into it if you
>> want to flash another .ucl later. The flash plugin hangs if
>> Rockbox is running from flash for obvious reasons. If you use a
>> daily build of 2004-07-21 or later, the flash plugin should tell
>> you that you are running from flash, and no longer crash (thanks
>> Jörg).
>> Regards, Jens
> For recorder V1:
> No plugins works (incompatible version), but all seems allright
> Before: 1.630 MB
> After : 1.804 MB

I can top this. Using the daily build of 2004-07-21 as a basis, and
running with my rather low (but definitely sufficient - I have a well
organized mp3 collection) limits of 100 files per directory and 2000
files per playlist, I get 1.827 MB of RAM, and the plugins seem to work,
too. (I haven't tested all plugins yet, but those I tested worked just

My usage patterns are likely too erratic for reliable runtime tests, though.

Great work!

Daniel Gudlat