Subject: Re: ROMbox for fm recorders?
From: [IDC]Dragon (idc-dragon_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2004-07-22

> > > Will I get slapped for mentioning that you can gain about 7K
> > > by replacing the bigger of the two random number generators?
> >
> >Huh? Where should that be hiding?
> >
> >Jörg
>
> Errr, sorry dude, I don't understand the question.

My question was where can you gain 7 KB?
random.c compiles to 480 bytes code, 4 bytes data, 2504 bytes bss data. The
last part is indeed big, but only the first one contributes to Rockbox'
size.

Other discussions about random number generators is beyond me. I'm no expert
in numerical math.

Jörg

--
+++ GMX DSL-Tarife 3 Monate gratis* +++ Nur bis 25.7.2004 +++
Bis 24.000 MB oder 300 Freistunden inkl. http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl