Subject: Archos models that support rockbox?
From: Greg Epley (gregepley_at_redred.com)
Date: 2004-07-25

Hi,
New to this list and wondering if anyone can direct me as to how I can determine, prior to buying, what models of Archos players support the rockbox firmware with the speech (talking) feature. I heard that someone did this with the 340 model, yet that model isn't on the rockbox page - nothing but the 5000, 6000, Studio Recorder and v2 are listed. I am a blind person and don't have need of the ultra expensive models with DVR capabilities - all I'm interested in is something like a 20GB or better model that can handle MP3 audio and act as data storage. Interested in the G mini 120 model, but as I said, don't know where or how to find out what models listed on Archos web site will support rockbox.
-Greg