Subject: AW: AW: Porting Rockbox to XCleff 800 / i.Beat 500
From: VooDoo (
Date: 2004-07-26

That's true at all. And on the other hand there a many opportunities in
this unit. GCC is a good point to start at. But at the moment I don't
really know how =) - I hope to find a key to this
LowLevelProgrammer-Door which is locked for me at the moment ;).

Have I to concentrate on the CPU if I want, as a first step, that the
unit displays something - doesn't matter what on the screen.

And in the beginning of creating this new firmware - isn't there the
risk of destroying the unit? If I put a new firmware on it which doesn't
work and which has no support for USB and stuff in the beginning - how
can I connect to the PC?

I guess I have to learn much stuff :/.

C ya

[] Im