Subject: Re: AW: AW: Porting Rockbox to XCleff 800 / i.Beat 500
From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing (linus_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2004-07-26

VooDoo wrote:

> Have I to concentrate on the CPU if I want, as a first step, that the
> unit displays something - doesn't matter what on the screen.

To do that, you need to find out how the LCD is connected to the CPU.

> And in the beginning of creating this new firmware - isn't there the
> risk of destroying the unit?

Yes of course.

> If I put a new firmware on it which doesn't work and which has no
> support for USB and stuff in the beginning - how can I connect to the
> PC?

I don't know. That's for you to find out. For example, are firmware
updates loaded from disk, or are they programmed into flash? If they are
programmed into flash, you have to be careful.

> I guess I have to learn much stuff :/.

Sounds like it, yeah. :-)

Linus