Subject: my sound settings for different headphones

my sound settings for different headphones

From: <uwe.freese_at_gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 22:42:09 +0200

Hello,

After I installed a current rockbox version, I tested the MDB
settings. Maybe my preferred settings are interesting for someone.
Don't be surprised that I set so much bass, I think that's because I
can hear high frequencies very well (by now at least).

BTW: What's the Superbass function? It this only increasing the volume
at another center frequency compared to "bass"? I had better results with
only using "bass" and "MDB".

1) Sony MDR-G52 (35mm drivers)
   Sound: a little like plastic (0)
   Lowest frequency: about 40 Hz (tested with sine wave)

bass: 3
treble: 6
balance: 0
channels: stereo
loudness: 12
superbass: off
auto volume: off
mdb strength: 90
mdb harmonics: 48
mdb center: 60
mdb shape: 90
mdb enable: on

2) Philips SBC HN060 (11mm ? drivers)
   Sound: good, a little metallic heigh frequencies (+)
   Lowest frequency: about 40 Hz

bass: 6
treble: 6
balance: 0
channels: stereo
loudness: 11
superbass: off
auto volume: off
mdb strength: 85
mdb harmonics: 48
mdb center: 50
mdb shape: 90
mdb enable: on

3) Sony MDR-EX 70LP (9mm drivers, nice to wear!)
   Sound: very good, but very deep bass is loud and "normal" bass is
   not so loud, not exactly linear (++)
   Lowest frequency: about 32 Hz

bass: -4
treble: 6