Subject: Re: Advice needed
From: Rocker (rocker_at_shaw.ca)
Date: 2004-07-27

Rick said:
Rocker,

You should be able to find a replacement unit on Ebay. Just setup a daily
search for "archos jukebox recorder" without the quotes. I have one of
these searches setup, and I get an email almost every day showing new
listings containing the search phrase. I have seen several recorders both
v1 and v2 come up. Give it a try.

Best regards,
rocker writes:

Thanks for that. I have been using the saved searches feature for sometime
now. I did just purchase a recorder 15 for $99 US. I have also seen an
FMR, new in box for $245 US.

I'm somewhat surprised that know one on this list has experiecnced this
phenomenon? Or, they have, and they know there's no hope for my unit.
(smile) I should be crafty enough to try replacing the battery so that will
be my first foray into dismantling my FMR. It that does not work then I
guess I will have a nice piece of plastic eh?

Cheers & thanks...rocker

You should be able to find a replacement unit on Ebay. Just setup a daily
search for "archos jukebox recorder" without the quotes. I have one of
these searches setup, and I get an email almost every day showing new
listings containing the search phrase. I have seen several recorders both
v1 and v2 come up. Give it a try.

Best regards,

Rick Alfaro
ralfaro_at_bellsouth.net