Subject: Questions about plugin development
From: André Rübel (
Date: 2004-07-29

until now I only used rockbox, but I want to start to develop a plugin, now.
After seeing the whole sources I am even more impressed about the
development of rockbox than I was before (if this is possible).
I'm very new to rockbox development and I imedately ran into problems.
Is there any documentation about the plugin development, e.g. which
functions and values are available?

My problem:
I use Evillyrics to display lyrics for the currently playing winamp song
under windows (
Evillyrics stores all lyrics as text files on the harddisk, so I thought,
why not making this available under rockbox, too?

To do this I would like to know if its

a.) possible to load another plugin from within a plugin? (plugin_load seems
to be unknown from within a plugin)
b.) is the id3-tag (artist, song-name) information available from within a
plugin? I have not found another plugin using this information.
If not, am I allowd to open the currently playing mp3 from a plugin or is
this file locked during play?

Thanks for any help and greetings and thanks for their great work to the
whole rockbox team