Subject: Re: Questions about plugin development

Re: Questions about plugin development

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 11:58:33 +0200

André Rübel wrote:

> Is there any documentation about the plugin development, e.g. which
> functions and values are available?

No. Look in apps/plugin.h for the available functions. Then look them up
in the rockbox sources to see how to use them.

> a.) possible to load another plugin from within a plugin? (plugin_load seems
> to be unknown from within a plugin)

Not possible. You can only run one plugin at a time.

> b.) is the id3-tag (artist, song-name) information available from within a
> plugin? I have not found another plugin using this information.

Yes it is:

     struct mp3entry* (*mpeg_current_track)(void);

the mp3entry struct is defined in firmware/export/id3.h

Check out apps/plugins/favorites.c on how to use it.

> If not, am I allowd to open the currently playing mp3 from a plugin or is
> this file locked during play?

Yes you can open it, but not for writing.

Linus