Subject: Re: two different pair of batteries ok?
From: Fred Maxwell (rockbox_at_anti-spam.org)
Date: 2004-07-29

Svante Tidholm wrote:
> Hi all,
> I wonder if it is okay to use two pairs of batteries with different
> power, for example two 1500mah and two 2200mah batteries. Or will the
> charging not work?

It's a bad idea and there's no reason to do it when you can get four
2000mah NiMH AA cells for $5 (e.g., www.microcenter.com).

The charging circuit is designed around four equal capacity batteries
which will complete the charge cycle at the same time. Besides, even if
you put in four fully charged, but mismatched, batteries, the play time
you will get will be limited by the least capacious batteries.

Regards,
   Fred Maxwell