Subject: charger problem?
From: abado (
Date: 2004-07-30

I'm sure this has been covered before but I can't seem to find the exact
problem I have. I've got two Archos JB 6000s both with rockbox version 2.1.
One of them (JB1)starts to charge automatically when I plug it in (I believe
this is as it should be) but the other (JB2) doesn't. I am using the same
plug on both.
This happened just last night; at first the unit (JB2)would not switch on
and I thought that the hard disk was dead but I realised that in fact it was
the batteries that were dead and after putting in another set of batteries
the unit works and I can see the battery level moving which usually
indicates that the unit is charging but it still won't go into "charging
mode" if I plug in when the unit's off.
Does someone know what is happening here?