Subject: error accessing playlist control file
From: Amanda Redmond-Neal (anomaly_at_spamcop.net)
Date: 2004-08-01

thanks for the advice, linus.

although the second error read "playlist buffer full" instead of "dir buffer
full," i figured, as you must have, that the two are close enough and followed
the instructions in the faq #76. the "max files in dir browser" setting was
actually set to 3756, not 0, but i also checked the "max playlist size" while i
was there. it initially appeared as 0, but it changed itself to 1000 as soon
as i opened the setting. mp3 files are now playing. yay.

but... i still get the "error accessing playlist control file" message when i
do a number of other things, including attempt to resume upon restart. since
you asked, i did indeed unzip the entire rockbox archive when i downloaded it.
i do have the .rockbox directory, complete with all of the subdirectories and
files inside it.

can you tell me what to try next?

--amanda