Subject: New Member - Thanks from Blind User
From: John Gurd (j.gurd_at_ntlworld.com)
Date: 2004-08-01

Hi

I just joined the list having purchased an FM Recorder a few weeks ago.
Unfortunately it's just developed a fault but more about that in another
post. I just wanted to say what a fantastic piece of software RockBox is.
The Archos sounds great with Koss PortaPros (which I had anyway) and of
course being blind I love the fact that I can navigate the menues and
folders with ease. On the strength of my ravings about it, two of my blind
friends have bought FM Recorders on E-Bay and I will be installing Rock Box
for them. Due to RockBox the Archos players are the only accessible
HDD-based players anywhere in the world. Thanks to Rob for drawing RockBox
to my attention and a special big thanks to whoever made RockBox speak. I
hope it can be ported to the current Archos products now that the RockBox
friendly line is no longer manufactured.

Regards

John Gurd