Subject: RE: RB Directory listing order
From: Stuart Tedford (stuart.tedford_at_piresearch.co.uk)
Date: 2004-08-02

2 digit leading zero track/filename numbering is kind of a defacto standard
for mp3 files. I would be annoyed if RockBox was made to support this
"natural sort order" bollox where extra processing needs to be done to sort
the files when 2 digit naming is not used. There is nothing "natural" about
it and I disagree with it at a fundamental level.

By supporting this feature RockBox would just be encouraging people to
ignore the standard, and it would stop ignorant people from realising why
the standard exists. So I think it should be kept as a custom build by the
people who iplement/like it - probably on an AOL hosted site ;-)

Stu.