Subject: Re: RB Directory listing order
From: Bryan VanDyke (bryan314_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 2004-08-02

Stuart Tedford wrote:

Whoaa. Lighten up. You're taking this waaaay to seriously.

> 2 digit leading zero track/filename numbering is kind of a defacto standard
> for mp3 files. I would be annoyed if RockBox was made to support this
> "natural sort order" bollox where extra processing needs to be done to sort
> the files when 2 digit naming is not used.

It would require no more processing than regular sort, date sort, or
sort by file type as currently implemented.

> There is nothing "natural" about
> it and I disagree with it at a fundamental level.

Lol. We obviously went to very different schools. I was always taught 12
comes after 2 not between 1 and 2. ;)

> By supporting this feature RockBox would just be encouraging people to
> ignore the standard, and it would stop ignorant people from realising why
> the standard exists.

Rockbox seems to be about choices. I would think it could/would be
'another' choice. No different than the current choice to sort files
case sensitive.

> So I think it should be kept as a custom build by the
> people who iplement/like it - probably on an AOL hosted site ;-)

Actually, my personal web site is hosted by Yahoo actually. :)