Subject: Re: Batteries and Charging
From: Dan Richardson (
Date: 2004-08-02

> I have noticed that the charging seems to be flakey with the rockbox
> firmware and have seen others complain also.
> Could it be that the people experiencing the problem are using a "regulated"
> power supply (like I am: rat-shack 9v 110~220, 300mA). I recently took the

I first noticed it with automobile chargers on my 15 gig JBR.
I have 2, both stated as 9 volts, a 300 mA and a 600 mA.
Neither will charge the batteries when running Rockbox.
Both work running the Archos OS.
They both produce just under 9 volts under Archos load.
The Archos AC charger works with Rockbox fine,
but produces a much higher voltage.

Is there a voltage check in Rockbox?
Is it set too high?