Subject: Re: Updated: Rockbox running directly from flash rom (ROMbox)
From: Jens Arnold (arnold-j_at_t-online.de)
Date: 2004-08-04

Hello John

> I just installed this on my JBR V1 and noticed that the
> ability to do a resume from stop, hitting <off> and then <on>
> is gone. I get the "hit off to shut down" message. Did resume
> get moved to another key combo or is it gone? If it's gone,
> please give it back!

Hmm, resume is neither gone nor moved, and it still works for me
with Rombox on a V1 recorder.

If you hit OFF from the wps, the resume position is saved and
you get back to the file browser. If you hit OFF a second time
(accidentally), it does of course show the "hit off to shut
down" message. This is caused by the new safe shutdown feature
introduced by Linus, so if you hit OFF another time, the box
will shut down safely, first saving the settings and then spin
down the disk before powering off. If you hit another button or
wait about one sec the message will go away.

Either way, the resume position should be available, and the box
should resume according to your resume settings if you hit ON.
Of course you may have to hit ON two times if you accidentally
pressed OFF two times before and are fast, because the first ON
will only make the "hit off to shut down" message disappear.

Please do also check if "Resume" is set to "No".

Regards, Jens