Subject: Re: Dead drive, resurrection!!!
From: Ronald Teune (
Date: 2004-08-04

Bad luck i think...
i read some thing about a casemodder, he used a clean room and put some
plexiglass on 40 GB drives. They died.
Just the moment he took off the upper cap, the platters were being
off-centered so much (really dense data) that it didn't work after the
modding. That is, much read errors. You could of course try it, but hard
luck i think. Or hire a professional data recovery company for $20,000 or
How did it crash?

On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 21:55:44 -0500, Glenn Ervin at Home
<> wrote:

> Can someone open up a desktop size hard drive and have hopes of making it
> work again?
> I have an 80 GB which I lost much data from when it crashed. If there
> is a
> hope of opening it and making it work, please let me know off list.
> Thanks.

Ronald Teune
= 1/2 *