Subject: Re: Updated: Rockbox running directly from flash rom (ROMbox)
From: Daniel Gudlat (gudlat_at_web.de)
Date: 2004-08-04

Jens Arnold wrote:
> I updated my ROMbox builds again to the latest cvs. With my
> latest changes it should give you about 1 KB more mp3 buffer.
> Please test and report if anything doesn't work as expected!

I'm still running ROMbox from 2004-07-21 but will switch to the current
version soonish.

I've had no problems so far, except for one oddity: I'm occasionally
getting RLODs with ROMBox that I didn't have with normal RockBox. This
is different from the normal movement/vibration-induced RLOD I can
provoke under RockBox, in that they happen under conditions (JBR20 with
Hitachi DK23-DA sitting on the passenger seat of my car) where I have
never had RLOD with normal Rockbox.

Have some critical timings changed for running from flash as opposed to
from RAM? Anyone have an idea?

Greetings,

--
Daniel Gudlat