Subject: Re: Updated: Rockbox running directly from flash rom (ROMbox)
From: Jens Arnold (
Date: 2004-08-04

>> on JBRV1 recording doesn't work (allways that f***ing freeze
>> at 30 bytes i have sometimes but i have it everytime with
>> ROMbox)

> Confirmed. I had that problem too, ROLOing into another (or
> the same?) ajbrec helps at that time. The output files are
> always 5,49 kb when this happens.

I can confirm the problem too (Sorry that I didn't try to record
with Rombox before. I hardly ever use the recording function at

I'll look into the issue. The output files contain the following
data when this happens:

- An id3v2.3 tag
- A Xing header
- 30 bytes of garbage

As 30 bytes is the size of the internal mas transfer buffer, it
seems that the data transfer does somehow go wrong when running
from rom...

Regards, Jens