Subject: Re: Playback speed halved, record speed doubled.
From: Peter van Hardenberg (
Date: 2004-08-06

Well, I spent a few hours mucking with it, tried flashing in various UCLs,
and it's still not playing back at full speed.

I am beginning to think I am well and truly hooped.

If anyone else has any brilliant ideas, I would love to try them, but I am
now in the market for the internals of a Recorder. The LCD can be broken
is still good), and I don't need the hard drive or the housing, just the
and Main boards (if your spare parts have the designation "V2.1-0721" then
only need the CPU board).

Can anyone help me? I'm desperate! Life without music is awful. I never
how much I relied on this thing until it was taken away from me.

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 08:16:44 +0200, <> wrote:

> I had that happen to a pocket digital voice recorder once. Best thing I
> can
> figure is that it took a static hit of some sort. Probably set the LSB
> in a
> clock divisor register somewhere. Doing a hard reset cleared up the
> problem
> while erasing all my saved memos and phone numbers :-( The archos
> version of
> a hard reset would be to flash a different version of Rockbox which will
> force
> a configuration reset. Assuming you're running flashed rockbox. If
> you're
> not running flashed, this might be a good time to try it.

> If that doesn't work then you may have more serious problems.

> John

Peter van Hardenberg (pvh)
Ph: 480-8260 Email:
"The wise man proportions his belief to the evidence." -- David Hume