Subject: Re: Archos JB Recorder V2 - No FM
From: Rocker (
Date: 2004-08-07

Cheers! Excellent info...rocker

----- Original Message -----
From: "Neon John" <>
To: "Rockbox development" <>
Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2004 10:00 PM

On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 19:58:33 -0600, Rocker <> wrote:

>Neon John wrote:
>rocker asks:
>Do you use a specific external charger for your V1 batteries?

I use the 2200 mah Powerex batteries in my V1s. I don't remove them
and let the Archos do the charging. I do have several fast NiMH chargers,
because my photography gear uses AAs. My favorite is the fairly new
charger available at Wallyworld and elsewhere. It's the one that takes an
individual cell on each side. It'll do the 2200's in just over an hour.

Before the question arises, no, I don't care whether it shortens the
lives or not. Battery capacity has been advancing so fast that I've never
kept any over about 2 years. By then the higher capacity ones are out and I
usually end up giving my old ones to friends or customers. If fast charging
them kills them after a couple of years, BFD. They're so cheap that I'll
buy new ones.

Did anyone ever stop to consider that high capacity NiMH batteries are now
only about 3X the price of one-use alkalines? Amazing.

John De Armond
Cleveland, Occupied TN