Subject: Re: AW: Installing 80GB Hard Drive
From: Brian Wolven (brian.wolven_at_verizon.net)
Date: 2004-08-07

Matthias Klumpp wrote:
> As I know (and also did with my Player and Recorder), it's only necessary,
> that you have the HDD formatted with FAT32 before putting it in the JB.
> As I remember it must be only one partition, but I'm not sure about this.
>
> If you format the new HDD in the same PC that has your MP3's, it's much
> faster to copy the MP3 files to the HDD while mounted in the PC.

I bought a USB2 enclosure for $12.50 US and installed the new drive (a
40 GB Travelstar in my case) in that, then just used partition magic to
copy the entire partition from my existing JB. It might not have been
the fastest way, but it was easy - no formatting issues to deal with,
and once the copying was done I just swapped places with the two drives.
Now I have an extra 20 GB portable drive for those all-important backups. =)

Just make sure that your batteries are fully charged before doing large
file transfers with the JB, and keep it plugged in to the AC adapter.