Subject: Re: External Serial LCD Display / Keypad
From: Andy Finney (andyfinney_at_yahoo.co.uk)
Date: 2004-08-07

Thanks for the info.

I have checked the electronics on the back of my LCD and it turns out
that I have a lightly different model that cant be modded for TTL.

So that leaves me with 2 options - the serial mod with an RS232 level
converter or using a micro-controller.

Which of these options is the easiest? I am guessing the serial mod as
I can just use standard RS232 without worrying about collisions etc.

Is it pretty straightforward to send/receive commands via the modded
serial port? Are there any examples that anybody has? I just want to
find out how involved it is before I go and find my soldering iron!

Thanks.