Subject: Turns out it was a V1 Recorder
From: John Gurd (
Date: 2004-08-08

The recorder V2 which my friend bought turns out to be a V1. Of course I've
installed Rockbox on it for her. I had a worrying couple of hours when it
wouldn't boot until I realised it was a V1 and installed the correct version
of Rockbox. Thanks to the guys who wrote the Blind FAQ which helped me
identify the fact and work with the correct connections. I got a fright when
I realised that I had been plugging the power into the line in jack instead
of the DC jack - normally they're shaped differently so this is impossible!
I'm glad to say it doesn't seem to have caused any harm.

That's three FM Recorders and one V1 Recorder I've installed Rockbox onto in
the last couple of weeks for blind friends and myself. Is this some kind of
record? (smile).