Subject: Problem with mp3gain and continuous play
From: Johan Vromans (jvromans_at_squirrel.nl)
Date: 2004-08-08

To obtain continuous play, I usually prepare my mp3 files with lame's
"--nogaps" option. This works perfectly, and rockbox plays the tracks
seamlessly.

However, I noticed that if I treat my mp3 files with the mp3gain[1]
utility (to obtain a reasonable constant volume level of all albums)
continuous play is gone, and a short pause is audible when rockbox
progresses from one track to another.

mp3gain inserts some additional info in the mp3 (so the gain changes
can be undone) but apparently the presence of this info (contained in
APEv2 tags[2]) disturbs the stream of mp3 frames.

Is this a buglet in rockbox?
Is there anything else I can do to work around it, except removing the
offending tags?

-- Johan

[1] http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net
[2] http://www.personal.uni-jena.de/~pfk/mpp/sv8/apetag.html