Subject: RE: Scandisk
From: John Gurd (
Date: 2004-08-08

When I found all the errors, it was using my friend's Windows 98SE machine.
It's simply a case of going into properties of the drive and choosing "Check
Disk" in the Tools tab. I've also done it using XP on my own machine, and
like you say, I got a finished message in a second or so. I just assumed
that XP had found no errors rather than hadn't checked the allocation table,
etc - after all, it wasn't a surface scan. I've had the same quick response
on my internal hard drives. So all I can confirm is that it definitely
corrects errors using Windows 98 and I assume so in Windows XP.