Subject: Re: Automatic level control for recording
From: Allen (
Date: 2004-08-11

I can't speak for the developers, but as someone who uses the recording
in a semi-professional capacity, I wouldn't want automatic level control.
usually a poor compromise that leads to muddy sounding recordings.

With digital recording, you can set the gain so that the level stays
between -3db and -6db.
Then there's almost never a clipping problem and if you want to make it
hotter, add effects
to the recording later.

So if the developers did decide to implement it, I would need a way to
turn it off.

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 21:23:03 -0500, Lyndon Drescher <>

> No meaning it's too hard or is it something else?

Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: