Subject: Very strange: update of flashed image impossible since DB of july 18
From: Martin Kirchner (martin.kirchner_at_gmxpro.de)
Date: 2004-08-11

I use a AJR 20 gb together with Rockbox 2.2, of course all your great daily
builts included and carefully flashed. That was possible without any bug
till July 18 and the built of that day. The flashing procedure still went
right. So I gladly had my summer vacations till August 8. And from now on
there was only trouble around my AJR. Everytime I start ROCKBOX.UCL I get
the message "Incompatible flashing version"; the flashing procedure
terminates without furter commend or result. I've reinstalled the whole
Rockbox software package, added the daily built of today, August 11 ... get
the same error message as before. By the way: A complete new Flashing maybe
could solve the problem. But unfortunately mmy AJR completely deny any
access of rewriting the internal PROM, similar to the bug described before.
Perhaps anyone of you got an idea?

Kindly regards
Martin Kirchner, Frankfurt, Germany