Subject: Re: Re: Metronome enhancements?
From: Michael T. Kupietz, wearing a pointy hat (
Date: 2004-08-12

>Some questions:
>- how did you create the values for the static
>unsigned char sound[]?
>--> reason for this question is that I have access to
>one of those high-end metronomes (see:
> where I
>could record the sounds from.
>Also a talking (one two three four....) one is around

Nondeveloper volunteering an idea: how about a metronome plugin that looks
for a folder called "samples" or "metronomes" in .rockbox that contains
mp3s called "tick.mp3" and "tock.mp3"... this way the user could record
their own. Maybe the folder could also optionally contain "1.mp3", "2.mp3",
"3.mp3", "4.mp3" and "And.mp3" for spoken counts.
("One-and-two-and-three-and-four-and-") Maybe it could even avail itself of
the voices for Speaking Menus.

The great thing is, over the internet, nobody knows I'm a dog.