Subject: Re: Automatic level control for recording
From: Lyndon Drescher (rockbox_at_newnorth.net)
Date: 2004-08-12

I agree that you should be able to turn it on and off if you want. I'm
looking for some thing that if your not around to adjust the gain and your
left with a bunch of clipping. If you run your levels so that it covers too
wide of a range and you try to make it hotter later you make any noise from
what ever system your pluged into hotter also. The level control I would be
looking for would be to prevent clipping in cases were levels get out of
hand.