Subject: Re: Automatic level control for recording
From: Allen (ajf_at_midmaine.com)
Date: 2004-08-12

I frequently run 12 hour "air checks" of radio stations when I'm not home.
I use the Time Split feature to make 1 hour files, and set the input level
to give me -6db on average into the Archos JBR.

If I need to add level to the recording, I do it digitally, with mp3gain so
I don't introduce any new noise. Yes, I sacrifice some dynamic range, but
it hasn't bothered me so far.