Subject: Re: firmware_rec.bin ?
From: [IDC]Dragon (
Date: 2004-08-12

> Well, I know how to handle the daily UCL build ;-)
> I was wondering about the permanent firmware, the file named
> "firmware_rec.bin"
> Just to know :-)

Well, you could prepare your own, but the process is rather involved. Why
would you want to do that?

Actually, I'm close to kick out the second image (which is currently Rockbox
2.2) of the firmware_xxx.bin files I supply. This way it would be
independent of whatever rockbox version is currently cool. I'd need to
distribute only the .bin files, need no particular Rockbox or plugins with

Then the initial flashing would give you a half empty flash which behaves
like the stock one (for a lack of the second, default firmware runs Archos
firmware, which in turn loads a .ajz from disk), but you can ucl-flash
whatever Rockbox you like to have in the second part.

GMX DSL = supergünstig & kabellos