Subject: Re: Qeustion about voice in menus
From: [IDC]Dragon (idc-dragon_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2004-08-12

> I have a question about the voice rate in rockbox. Is it possible to
> change
> the rate of the speech?

Not directly. The speed of the speech is defined by the mp3 clips the voice
file consists of. If you want it different, you'd have to generate/record a
different set.

> I've also heard discussions about changing pitch of MP3s in Rockbox. Does
> rockbox have the capability of changing pitch or rate using time
> compression
> of MP3s?

We can pitch in a way a record player or tape would do (having tone and
speed coupled). I forgot, never use it, was it On+Up/Down during playback?
But it's in the menu, too.

No speed-only pitching by on the fly mp3 manipulation, sorry. Does anybody
know what to do for that, in more detail?

Jörg