Subject: Re: Questions regarding installing rombox
From: [IDC]Dragon (idc-dragon_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2004-08-12

> I've been attempting off and on to update my Archos recorder v2 to the
> rombox, however, I've been unsuccessful in doing so.

I'm not sure about your starting point. Have you already flashed Rockbox? Or
are you using the normal file installation?

If you have not flashed yet, I recommend to read this:
http://rockbox.haxx.se/twiki/bin/view/Main/BlindFlashing

Rombox is an experimental flavour, running Rockbox directly from ROM to save
some memory. Not really recommended for starters.

> I've received errors that "incompatible version" ETC.

You get that if you're not running the same version as you try to flash.
Rolo'ing here means to "play" the ajbrec.ajz file which comes with it.

Jörg