Subject: Re: confusing instructions for rombox/flash programming.
From: [IDC]Dragon (idc-dragon_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2004-08-13

Have you read the instructions?
These are the simple ones:
http://rockbox.haxx.se/twiki/bin/view/Main/BlindFlashing
And here's the full version:
http://rockbox.haxx.se/twiki/bin/view/Main/FlashingRockbox

If this is still unclear, please tell us where and why.

At least one confusion is about ROMbox, a new experimental flavour of
running Rockbox straight from ROM:
http://rockbox.haxx.se/twiki/bin/view/Main/RomBox

> do you have to deploy rombox as a .bin only, and does it wipe the second
> image?

Nothing is wiped, you need the .bin only once, for your very first flashing.
Imagine it like formatting the flash.

> eg, is it sufficient to rolo into abjrec.ajz, and then auto-flash the
> supplied .ucl file in the .rockbox/ directory

Yes, this is the standard update procedure.

> or do you have to manually
> create and deploy a .bin image?

No.

> the zip doesn't supply a .bin :-(

My webspace does, see the instructions about initial flashing.

Jörg