Subject: Re: my rocking box is no more
From: Brian Wolven (
Date: 2004-08-16

Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> Hey friends
> Last friday I was burgled in my house, and among a few other valuables
> they stole my precious Archos Recorder 20 v1 (40 GB).
> Rockboxless I now suffer.
> Is there anyone with an Archos Recorder (v1/v2/FM) for sale to a poor
> developer who can't live without rockbox hacking but find it hard to
> hack without the required hardware!
> If so, please contact me off-list. I'd be perfectly happy for a unit
> with or without a harddrive.
> I'm afraid I'll slowly fade away from the project unless I can find a
> replacement for my baby.

My condolences - that really sucks. =(

I've only ever had the one unit (which just happens to be a Recorder 20
v1 upgraded to 40GB) but if I hear of or see anything, I'll post it.

Good luck - and may a truck run over the bastards who burgled you. =)

There does appear to be a used V2 on for $188 US right now.